Entity Relationship Diagram (ERD)
The entity-relationship diagram (ERD) is a data model based on the perception of a database using entities and relationships. An ERD diagram represents the overall visual structure and graphical representation of a database.
For this paper, create an ERD and describe its development and contents in a short paper. Choose a new or existing database on which your ERD will be based. It can be an actual database or one based on a case or scenario.
In addition to your diagram, also submit a paper (3–6 page body section) that covers the following topics:
• Describe the database on which ERD will be based.
• Identify all entity types.
• Describe the attributes of each entity.
• Describe the primary keys and attributes that uniquely identify instances of that entity type.
• Examine each entity and its relationships.
• Identify any constraints, assumptions, and limitations.
• Describe the role that data structure plays in determining how to apply this data model.