The topic of the research paper will be any disease or condition that could affect the body. The paper must include the following:
• A thorough description of the disease/condition
• Current statistics of those affected
• Causes, if known or suspected
• Signs and symptoms of the disease or condition
• Explanations on how the various body systems are affected
• Any medications/treatments that are available, if any.
Your paper should be written in the THIRD PERSON taking the individual out of the writing and avoiding pronouns such as I, we, my, our (first person) and you, yours, your, us, we (second person). You should deal with facts and not opinions, thus providing citations within your paper and on your reference page. Focus on the subject itself and not on your feelings about the subject. The use of third person retains a formal tone in your writing. The use of first and second person can make a document seem more casual.