1. What is the thesis statement/his main point? What is the author’s purpose/aims and perspective?
2. To whom is he writing for e.g. Pentecostals, American Christians, seminary students, lay people, pastors, etc.
3. Please provide a brief summary (6-8 sentences)
4. Please point out the presuppositions of the author (e.g. his view about the Bible; how it should be interpreted e.g. grammar-historical method)
5. What are the strengths and weaknesses of the writer’s argument? Do you agree or disagree with his argument? Why? (please quote the page number whenever you refer to his argument)
6. What have you learnt about the Holy Spirit’s baptism from this paper? Do you agree with the author fully or partially? Disagree?